.. Empowering the next generation with the confidence and skills to change the world..
A short course encompassing a series of social enterprise workshops developed by industry leaders. The curriculum promotes year-round learning and facilitates social innovation and impact actions led by students, educators, parents and community members.
Social In-Novation Challenge, a first for VETis Australia is an immersive curriculum program based on the 2030 Agenda for United Nations Sustainable Development (UNSD).
The program content is curated to give learners clear and actionable steps in defining goals and impacts, understanding business for good ecosystems, applying sustainable and innovative business models, prototyping a social enterprise startup, pitching and storytelling, collaborating, scaling and measuring impacts.
Think. Do. Discover
Our young future leaders invent change through learning and development of social entrepreneurship foundation pillars:
- Social mission over financial mission
- Innovative solution to social problems
- Self-sustaining business model
- Measurable impacts
In practice, the program and the curriculum has students learning about the UNSD goals, social innovation, working together to create and collaborate with peers on complex social and environmental challenges.
The program provides students with opportunities to develop an understanding of how theoretical and practical aspects of business combine. Students study contemporary business issues through case studies and apply their knowledge to problems encountered in the global business environment.
We help schools immerse 21st century real world competencies into Australian curriculum and VETis lesson plans by providing a suite of authentic student business and entrepreneurship resources that can integrate into your curricular offering and support your future school vision.
Education and learning resources: (1) Stand alone curriculum lesson plan and activities (2) Integrated workshop experiences or (3) Build upon the: Do it For You or Do It Yourself #EdTech solutions:
(i) Start It Up Practice Lab ™ – For first time entrepreneurs learning program and
(ii) Leadership in Circular Transition (LCT) frameworks.
Easy to follow curriculum tool kit, available online is an engaging and fun experience for all involved. Benefits and impact on offer:
- Align students outcomes to VETis (Certificate II to Certificate IV)
- Immerse social learning activities and workshops into Australian school curriculum and/or VET learning plans
- Build micro circular economies in your community to push back on socio economic barriers to alleviate poverty
- Make it work for you, for example: A annual pitch challenge, school community Social IN-Inovation experience or whole of organisation Social Trade procurement shift
- View live school example here: Class of 2021 – Woody Traders Inc SDG Project
- More videos for viewing available below…