LikeaBoss Education™ is designed to mentor, support, and equip today’s children and young people with the necessary success skills to set them on the path of becoming our future entrepreneurs, leaders in management or design a career pathway.
Our programs teach learners what it takes to succeed in our global new age economy, equips them with the success skills they need, and sets them in the right direction for understanding entrepreneurship at a young age.
We deliver interactive curriculum training courses that not only teaches learners about entrepreneurship, but sets them up to become successful entrepreneurs and allows their community to get involved in the process every step of the way.
What our Learners Take Away
- Understand the concepts of entrepreneurship
- Brainstorm business ideas
- Create a simple business plan
- Create a budget for your business
- Devise and implement a simple marketing plan
- Launch your own small business
- Career development
- Business fundamentals
- Nationally accredited qualification
Are intended for children and young people between the ages of 7yrs and 24 years. All LikeaBoss Education™ staff, mentors and community are required to read and agree to the following code of conduct.
Educators and Trainers
Our educators are expected to demonstrate professional conduct at all times and share skills and knowledge within their business capacity, experience and knowledge of nominated topics. We pride ourselves on highly qualified and well experienced business owners, from a variety of education paths and employment backgrounds the team work in an innovative business environment and convey knowledge or skills to classroom and workshop groups.
In my capacity as a staff, mentor or support person in the LikeaBoss Education community, I agree to:
1. Undertake to complete the induction and training process for mentors.
2. Understand that my name and employment status will be shared with the school that I will be matched with and that schools provide consent on behalf of parents/guardians for students to attend LikeaBoss.
3. Communicate regularly and openly with the LikeaBoss Education™ team including after each mentoring session if required.
4. Commit to provide face to face or online Zoom video conference mentoring for a minimum of one two-hour session.
5. Commit to being dependable and consistent in meeting time commitments.
6. Not disclose the confidential information of my employer and/ or workplace.
7. Adhere to all LikeaBoss Education™ policies and procedures as provided to me, including but not limited to:
- A commitment not to contact students outside the structured mentoring process in any way for a period of 7 years
- Immediately notifying the LikeaBoss Director if a student attempts to contact me outside the structured mentoring process
- Immediately notifying the LikeaBoss Education™ of any child protection concerns that arise during the mentoring session (I also acknowledge that I may have associated mandatory reporting obligations and that LikeaBoss Education™ has provided me with guidance material regarding this)
- Always using appropriate inclusive and non-discriminatory language
- Structuring the mentoring session based on the program training and guidelines
- Keeping students’ identifying information confidential and not discussing their personal situations outside the structured mentoring process, except with the LikeaBoss Education™ Director and
- Not sharing my personal identifying information with students
- Apply eSafety Toolkit for School resources where applicable to support students to ensure safer online environments
- I am aware of the Commonwealth Child Safe Framework and the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations and will endeavour to comply with them on a best practice basis
- I will comply with LikeaBoss Education™ policies and procedures for mandatory reporting requirements, duty of disclosure requirements and any other legal reporting requirements relevant to my selected jurisdiction/s
8. Complete any exit, evaluation surveys or reviews on completion of the structured mentoring program
9. Declare that I have not committed any serious offences that would exclude me from working with children including:
- Serious sexual, violent or drug offences
- Any offence that presents an unjustifiable risk to the safety of children
- Offences against the current children’s care and protection legislation and regulations in my State or Territory
10. Contact Ms Samone Wear, LikeaBoss Education™ Managing Director on 0404 572 507 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if I have any questions or concerns about agreeing to this Code of Conduct.
Terms and Conditions
LikeaBoss Education™ adheres to guiding principles for the purposes of the Children’s Protection Act 1993 (SA).
LikeaBoss Education™ training, like all and resources, may not be shared by members or used outside of our programs and activities. LikeaBoss Education™ retains the copyright on all material contained in this training.
LikeaBoss Education™ is aligned to the General Capabilities in the Australian Curriculum and is aimed at supporting young people to become successful learners and confident and creative individuals.
LikeaBoss Education™ is aligned to the SACE Work Studies Curriculum and aims to build self-confidence and establish future expectations amongst students.
LikeaBoss Education™ adheres to ASQA Vocational Education Framework requirements.
- Children’s Protection Act 1993 (SA)
- Children and Young People Act 2008 (ACT)
- Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1998 (NSW)
- Care and Protection of Children Act 2007 (NT)
- Child Protection Act 1999 (Qld)
- Children, Young Persons and their Families Act 1997 (Tas.)
- Children, Youth and Families Act 2005 (Vic.)
- Children and Community Services Act 2004 (WA)
Core education and children’s services acts and legislation
- Education Act 1972
- Children’s Services Act 1985
- Children’s Protection Act 1993
Other Important Acts and Legislation
Finance and corruption
Human resources and being an employer
Other Important Legal Documents